I really am quite tired of gender restrictions, in terms of the social environment. Now of course I will say men and women are not equal. However, is it equality what it is about? Because with all the biological and social evolution, I think we all, despite sex, are not the same, thus, far, far from equal.
What I would like is idealistic and very simple.
I would like to see a world, empty of two basic ideas: Religion and Gender.
I have made my voice on religion quite clear. To me it feels like a foolish ideal, and blind following without questioning, thus underestimating ones own intelligence. Are people still not willing to accept that the basis of any religion just somehow seems to mount on politics?
Of course I must say that I do agree with what religion is essentially supposed to stand for. However, it would be simply stupid to say that concept of religion has not deviated from what I assume it was supposed to me. Religion, today, only breeds intolerance. What sane, loving god, if there was even one, would take pride in the planet and the people today?
Load of arse.
Then came Gender.
I seem to never really get to a point in an argument about the above without eventually contradicting my initial argument. But to be on very basic ground; I’d like to pull attention to, not technological advancements, but the social and cultural evolution of human beings in the modern, cosmopolitan world. Though we aren’t there yet, I find myself feeling very strongly about the idea of cultural androgyny.
I do believe that there is a reason for a female body and that for a male body; however, I also feel that in the time and environment we live now, that these reasons are purely biological and not necessarily social.
I would like to see a time where not just women do what men do, but men do what women do. Where its not so much about equality, instead, the allowance of space to, with the luxury of the time we live in, let go of old stereotypes and conditioning to behave as we would like to, as if we are in a way ‘tabula rasa’ and thus behave on instinct, rather than what is socially apparently acceptable.
However, me thinks, this social androgyny would maybe also decrease sex for pleasure.
Errrrrm.
I don’t know if I'm ready for that yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment