Sunday, February 1, 2009

I must go

As comfortable as I am allowing myself to get, here on this sunny island, I am still riled up with this anxious fervour to get up and out, away to some place new, someplace less, at the risk of sounding prejudiced, Asian. To be candidly honest, I do not have a problem with Asian people. I don’t have a problem with their lifestyle. However, it just isn’t the place for me, not right now at this moment of my life. I've gotten very used to, however, the luxury provided to me here. But there is a fire in my belly. As tempting as luxury may seem, I have always believed that I am the kind of person who needs to search for comfort rather than have it given to her on a silver platter.

I am afraid, I admit, of leaving. What if I don’t like it? What if it’s too cold? What if mom and dad need me for something? What if, what if, what if? Plagued by all these what if’s, by a mere coincidence one day I came across this phrase:

“The boat is safest in the harbour. But that’s not what boats are built for.”

I know, for sure, I must go.

No comments: