Sunday, February 15, 2009

Craving in a Time of Adversity.

Days drag on.
I wish to move ahead forward.
And away.
Away from the wet sunshine and
The artificially cold rooms.
Away from people who live
In boxes and
Squares.
To a place
Where
I mustn’t have to think of how to
Frame my
Sentences so that my English
Is easy and understood.
Where people understand humour.
Where there are no hypocritical forces.
I feel stagnated.
And devoid of
Opportunity.

This life I live is an empty life
I feel responsible now
More than ever before to use my time wisely;
This odd sense that it is running out
Will not stop floating suspiciously
above my
head.

There isn’t any one here, who would understand
Or heed to my decisions
Or allow me space to grow
Or be trustable
Or make me laugh.

I do find it odd that I
Am not filled with
Depression
But left feeling stuck,
Wedged,
In a stagnant pond of
Slit eyed fish.

N.M.

No comments: