Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pune Summers

I wonder what it would feel like right now, to be back home. I can just about imagine the weather. The evening would have cooled the air, but soft, warm winds would blow. The smell of dust and trees. And dogs. Birds getting back to the trees. Kids playing obnoxiously loud in the garden. The patient/impatient wait for my friends to come over. My bed was always cool. My wall was always blue. My music was always on. And it always felt like home.

I want to feel the Pune summer. I want to smell it. I want to reek of it. I want to go to burger king and sit among flies and eat a sausage surprise. I want to have chocolate croissants at german bakery and go for cheap massages in koregaoun park. Walk down mainstreet. Ride to wanowrie. Chill at the water tower. Smoke. Drink. Dance. Love. Be.

How fast we grow up and away.

No comments: