Friday, March 6, 2009

la la la la la la la la la

On the sunken side my attention span has dwindled to a big fat zero, so my work lies still undone at exactly 50 words out of 2500. Everything seems more interesting right now, like music and books on fashion and whether or not I should apply for a job and who Jarvis Crocker is, etcetera, etcetera. I am capable, I know, through prior experience, of six hours of non stop full concentration, serious as cancer, no monekeying around research. Here I am today, with a measly 50 words created in 6 hours a day for four days at the library.
The other sink hole is the fact that what is to come in the next paragraph has nearly wiped me out frozen in my thigh. Not that there should be any complaining, but every girl can do with a pair of new shoes for no reason. Well, whatever.

The upside of this downtrodden situation is that this wonderful, revered band, known popularly as ‘Oasis’ will be gracing me (and other screaming fans) with their presence on this island. The tickets aren’t as expensive as I would have presumed and I am thankful for that or I wouldn’t have any money to go, leave alone save. I have a companion and her friend and we shall go and fight our way to the front and scream and wave and be desperate to touch any one of the musical gentlemen should they decide to step off the stage and be grabbed by a crowd of rowdy, horney, oasis-loving fans.
The other positive aspect is the fact that I have been able this year to somehow manage to go for almost every concert I've wanted to be present for. And I do feel guilty for sulking about the few I haven’t been able to attend. No, I shan’t anymore. I am a luck girl, yes I am.

Now I would honestly prefer to sit and look at the songs downloading, percent by percent, rather than return to my seemingly dry research on a wonderful man called Albert Ellis who invented a rather wonderful therapy called Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy. While in my mind I find his ingenious discovery, not only amusing but smart and definitely beneficial, I am unable to keep my eyes on the books and my fingers seem very reluctant to type out words that would do well at adding to my sorry score of 50.

I have a few more days and from my assumptions and almost accurate calculations, I am what they would say these days, Screwed.

No comments: