Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Episodes of Heartbreak 25th april 2016


I mean here, just take it. I’ll rip my chest wide open for you. here, reach right in, right behind my heart. Just lay your palm there, so I can feel it when the muscle pumps. I mean, its totally fine if you want to run your fingers over my ribs, the blood will stain your fingers, but you have enough blood on your hands to be used to it. I'm sorry, did that hurt? I guess I wanted it to. But don’t stop, if you want to plunge your hand down under my diaphragm, you can. Close your eyes and let them travel to your fingers, so you can see what I look like from the inside. I know what it feels like to actually have you under my skin.

You remove your hand and wipe it with the rag beside the stove. I look down at myself and the rip is larger than when you first came in. I look at you and hoped there were other things I was worried about.

And when you left, there was no river no matter how hard I cried. My body heaved and froze like deserts were passing over it. My skin screamed, it still screams sometimes. I miss you. I want to call you, tell you to come over. But its like having sex with a ghost. And I don’t need two open wounds.
I just want my lover back.
I just want my love back.


25th april 2016

No comments: