Wednesday, December 2, 2009

procrastination is the new 'in' thing.


So we had three months to do two really hard assignments we could barely even understand. And the thing is, three months? If we wasted our three months working on boring assignments that would be such a tragedy, don't you think? So we usually start working on the assignments a week before it’s due. Also you must know that when we ask for extensions on our assignments it goes like this,
“could we have some more time to work on our assignments as we haven’t finished yet.”
See! But the truth is,
“we need some more time to waste as our procrastination period hasn’t worn off yet, so give us more time because we haven’t STARTED yet.”

So last night I decided today would be the day I start working on BAP 3030. What I forgot was that I have this little thing about starting anything that requires (wait for it, waaait for it) HARD WORK! I need to prepare for the endless nights that are to come. Now the problem is, well, let me just explain to you how this preparation thingie works.

1. Wake up at around eleven-ish, because a hard working girl needs a good night (and day) of sleep.
2. Mentally prepare my mind for the coming trauma (chill out at the computer and spy on people via facebook.)
3. Get a good meal because a working girl has got to be healthy (eat popcorn for lunch)
4. Get some liquids (stand in front of fridge for 10 minutes deciding between ice tea, calamansi juice, coke and water).
5. Mentally prepare myself some more (paint my nails while watching Everybody Loves Raymond).
6. Mentally prepare my body (have long bubble bath).
7. Make sure I look decent (take half an hour to dry my hair even though I'm not going out anywhere)
8. Take a walk (go get movies from the video rental)
9. Play with dog.
10. Spend a few minutes (23 to be exact) looking for book on Japanese culture.
11. must help mom with grocery shopping (go browse through magazines while she’s at NTUC)
12. Fill up on more liquids (starbucks)
13. Refresh myself (listen to Black Eyed Peas and dance around like a child hopped up on sugar)
14. Fourteen? We’re already at fourteen! F***!
15. Decide that since day of preparation is over, must start work on assignment tomorrow.
16. Shit. Its due in two bloody days!


So as you can see, I am a chronic procrastinator.
But tomorrow, tomorrow is the day. It is, it is I promise! What choice do I have anyway?
And now, like I do every three months, always on schedule (very much unlike my ‘ahem’ time of month (which can get quite worrying i assure you)) I shall regret not starting earlier, and bang my empty head on my table a few times, examine my nails to make sure nothing has chipped yet, and go on with the next season of Everybody Loves Raymond.

You know what they say right?
Can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

No comments: